No products in the cart.
The funny thing about blogging if you want to write something personal is you sometimes have to find some photo of yourself or a photo that you haven’t used. So here’s me, on a kitchen counter even though I never sit on kitchen counters holding a cup of nothing LOL. Now that I have your attention and told you why I even posted this photo, let’s just talk normally and continue being real, shall we?
Benjamin accepted a new job, his third in the year, which means he’s had four jobs in the past 12 months. It’s been a little crazy with me not knowing which dental card or insurance card to use but that’s the least of my worries or complaints. He’s in medical device for those who catch him on my IG stories in scrubs or wonder what he does when I say he works from home or in the OR. We are so thankful obviously for the work and he’s had no gaps just opportunities to move, or having to move when a startup doesn’t work out. We are so thankful to God for where he’s been and is currently, he keeps telling me he has his dream job which is so nice to hear from your husband.
We’ve gotten quite the perfect schedule down, I work every other day starting on Monday, the two off days are for meetings, running errands or house projects. Right now it’s house projects, lots of painting, and on Saturdays we shoot my campaigns. Enough about work though, next week I’m off to San Diego to visit one of my best friends, she’s the friend I visited in Prague who has now relocated to SD.
A few things on what’s been going on and I wanted to share –
- I’ve realized why I love periods and foreign films – they make me feel like I’m traveling. Recent new show I love is BBC’s My Mother and Other Strangers. It’s on Prime TV right now and it takes place in Northern Ireland. You know how I feel about Ireland after I’ve gone, especially Northern Ireland.
- I finally ordered the curtain rod and custom curtains for the living room. FINALLY! I’ve been saving up and we have a family friend/handyman who has been helping us get the home projects done fast so I just said, let’s do it!
- It’s too easy to spend money. Food here, Amazon order there, it’s easy to say yes and I am looking forward to my no spend week coming up once I get back from San Diego. Some of you are joining me and I cannot wait to share what I’ve learned. Read the post and mark your calendars!
- I’m itching to go somewhere intentional again. I knew this time would come, summer is coming and I want to explore a country like I have the past five or six years. It might be a little too late and I’m unsure if I can find a travel partner (marriages, babies, that different lifeboat thing) and Benjamin can’t travel with his new job. It gets harder but I’m also aware I have quite a few commitments already this year with other domestic travel. Perhaps I’ll sit this summer out and visit San Diego more often since my girl is there and plan for next year. It is so hard for me to not go out of the country!
- Office is almost done. Yeah the fourth little makeover I did. It’s almost done. I mean it’s done but I guess I’m wondering if I should add anything else (probably not). I need to clean it up and take some photos to share. It’s perfection and a long time coming to feel like it’s my style.
And that’s it! Just a few new discoveries, observations and updates around here. Would love to know what you are up to and again, thank you for being here. I always appreciate your time so much. xx