Lately I have been blessed with time during the off season to spend with my bests. There have been many trips I’ve taken, and my friends have taken to spend time with each other. If I have seen you in the past 4 months, I’m talking about you and I’m so happy! Some have new additions, some have their first on the way, and I have to say, I’m just enjoying this time with them because as with every new stage in life, things change, including your friendships.
The mail that seems to flood in the most lately are baby announcements and shower invitations, basically I’m in the stage of celebrating! While I can easily complain during the times I feel overwhelmed, I have to say, really, this is a fun celebratory stage in life. We are old enough to get married! We are old enough to raise babies! Okay that last one still scares me.
Life goes by so fast. I’ve almost been married for a year, can you believe it? Maybe some of you aren’t there yet, you will be, and some of you are currently in this stage. I just want to remind you of a few things…
- Spend as much time as you can with your single friends while they are single. There will be a day when they get married and yes, we all know this changes things.
- But when your friend gets married, don’t check out, they’re aren’t as unavailable as you think.
- If you love a couple (say your friend marries a Mr. Wonderful), then spend as much time as you can with them before they have a baby, because that changes even more.
- And then visit them and their babies so you can be “auntie” because it will melt your heart every time you hear it. It’ll be your favorite new name, more than your first name.
- You’ll be surprised when you get really giddy over a photo text message of your friend’s child. It’s really crazy.
- Even though you’ve been to 10,000 weddings, when it’s your friend’s turn, still be excited, she’s only experienced it once as the bride.
- If you can’t really see them, call, instead of text. A phone call is so much more personal than a text or email, or Facebook message. If you don’t have the time, make it.
- Lunch dates are awesome, or even swing by’s are too. Just make an effort even if it’s brief and you’re super busy, you’ll be so glad you did.
Diana Elizabeth changed her second diaper on MB’s baby (above). Her first diaper change ever was on the 3 year old who is playing with her hair. MB certainly lets Diana experiment with her kids – scary.