Blouse and jeans: Sezane
Meanwhile, I thought I’d just unload all the things happening around here because a themed blog post isn’t happening right now – too much going on in this brain right now. And well, I also love to keep this what it is, and what I enjoy doing, blog – a web log!
- Some Christmas gifts are spread across the dining room table right now. I need to put them in boxes and wrap them. Wrapping presents instead of a bag with tissue paper will be what we do this year moving forward (hoping) so I’ve been saving boxes.
- Having a business accountability partner or two is good for – business. To stay motivated, to encourage, to bounce ideas off of. I would suggest meeting for lunch every few weeks, bring your notes and laptop and work! You might work in silence answering emails, or you might also be thinking of something and just send an email right then and there because you thought of it! It kind of PUSHES you to get productive.
- I donated a lot of things to my girlfriend – Christmas decor, a little bit of clothing, houseware stuff. I am always purging, so much comes in and I need to just use it and let it go. It felt great to give it to her – do you have a friend or a donation location you love to give? I always give it to my friends first, then I donate to the Dove Thrift Stores (hospice). If you are thinking of having a garage sale, check out this post on how I made over $1000!
- I’m immersed in my life, and just working a little – I’m working, but when I must. I’m not trying to stay busy as some other things around my life. So right now, as jobs come in, I take them, but I’m not actively trying to hustle. It’s a nice place to be right now and there’s a time for everything, right?
- We have been ordering from Dream Dinners these past few months and they area life savers. If you have one by you, get it!! No cracking an egg, no chopping a vegetable, there are some of us who don’t have time for that or don’t want to do it! These meals save the day!
- My parents and I, and Benjamin are completing One Last Thing , an end of life planner that my long time friend Fawn has created from her experience as a death doula when working at hospice. It’s worth checking out even though we are young, but it’s SO amazing to know that when that time comes, our loved ones will know where things are and our preferences to ensure we are comfortable as we pass on.
- I have been thrifting and antiquing a LOT it seems, but only because it’s a social thing I’ve been doing lately with friends. Like lunch – we just thrift shop too! It’s been fun and it’s a nice activity to do.
- It feels as though I’m rebranding my life – the clothes I wear, the items I keep, it’s evolving again. I think with the completion of our home, I’ve looked inside to make it match the outside which has changed quite a bit everywhere I look, including inside my drawers. I’m really loving these changes and letting go of things that aren’t quite “me” anymore feels like I’m shedding old skin!
Well, I’m off to write my thank you cards and Benjamin is going to pick up Cheesecake Factory for dinner (he was craving it since this afternoon). I have a dinner this weekend with some of my best friends and I cannot wait to see them and look around the table to see how blessed I am to have these long time, deep, meaningful friendships which is what makes my life so rich.
Diana Elizabeth is going to put up Christmas lights this weekend! The new ones came in (see this post) and she can’t wait to put them up but she needs the dimmer to arrive too because they are LED BRIGHT!