I wanted to share how I get ready for company – whether for parties or dinner parties. I know it’s an unusual time to be hosting, but it’s my hope to stay positive that one day in time we will host. Do what makes you comfortable, small gatherings, or outdoor.
- Take out all trash in house
- Play music on entertaining rooms Google or play TV
- Turn on string light in backyard
- Dim all lighting
- Turn on battery operated candles in rooms
- Make sure pillows look fluffed – aka chopped ;)
- Spray counters and linens with spray – this is my favorite.
- Light a candle
- Fresh flower bud in vase or orchid
- Check sink and toilet is clean
- Replenish disposable cloth hand towels
- Light candle
- Set table
- Florals for tablescape
- Fill water pitcher, put in fridge to chill, cover with Saran Wrap
- Fill water glasses
- Set out big platters/serving dishes with post-its for food to come
After the party
- Lysol spray surfaces, couches and doorknobs
- Refluff pillows
- Take out trash
- Start the dishwasher or wait for morning!
It’s pretty simple, but there’s always the prep work with tablescape decor, menu planning and such. I usually order food about 20 minutes before guests are supposed to arrive – I want the food to arrive maybe 15 to 25 minutes after the party “start” to give guests time to snack on appetizers and mingle.
I’m grateful for the small gatherings I can have and the friends who are healthy and feel comfortable coming over. It’s been such a while since I’ve had a small gathering here so I’m looking forward to some giggles and fun to fill my heart – and to see how everyone looks dressed up as a Twilight cast member!
If you want to see what I ordered for the Twilight party decor see this post. See you back here tomorrow!
Diana Elizabeth loves her cast rolling chairs for her dining room, you can see her dining room post here.