Wishing I could be back at the Christmas Markets in France.
I wish life was more simpler, so I need to figure out how to make it so. So many social channels to connect, things post, places to show up to get the wheels going and I wish it was back to 2007 or somewhere around there time was simpler. But, give me the Netflix because I like where it is now, streaming instead of those CDs to preorder or heading to Red Box…oh those days!
But then I can’t blame technology. I have to give myself permission to not be everywhere at once all the time, and these all start with a few changes. It’s going to take practice, but I’m determined to get there and maybe I’ll get back to filling up my schedule too much, but I just hope when it happens I’ll realize it and scale back. But no matter what, always be appreciative of everything – work, friends, an abundance of things to do and places to go, especially this holiday season which will be here before we know it. ♥
- I’d like to visit these stores weekly until Christmas: Home Goods, World Market and Michael’s to check out Christmas decor and gifts. Hoping to get as much Christmas shopping done by the first week of December.
- Also I decided to start wrapping gifts instead of tissue paper gift bags. An online friend said she only uses boxes for Christmas and no tissue paper in gifts bags, those are only for birthdays. Love that. Time to save those Amazon boxes or buy some pretty ones.
- I disabled notifications and limited how often I check my email to eliminate distractions. I answer emails immediately as I go down the list also deleting, not deleting and going back (I saw a TedTalk that it wastes time so it’s best to just get it all done at once).
- My birthday is coming up in a month and I think it will come up sooner than expected. We always go to a nice dinner and I thought maybe this year I’d invite some friends, perhaps a couple to join but then we realized it’s a Tuesday and who could even go with us with everyone having kids? I will just say it – I don’t like this stage, and it’s sometimes annoying being the only couple that doesn’t have kids and you want to hang out with your friends. *sigh*. If you’re in the stage when your friends aren’t married yet and don’t have kids or plan on having any like us (read our story here), seriously live it up and do allllllll the things before you or your friends are on lockdown for the next 18 years. I’m definitely glad I lived it up!!
- But thankfully, two of my close friends from Northern California are flying in town the weekend before my birthday so I will get the chance to celebrate with friends even if it’s not the exact day!
- I’m hoping this writing will encourage me to wrap up another writing project and just be done with it!
Diana Elizabeth needs to find a handyman that can also do electrical so some things can get done around the house.