Ah the first month of the year is coming to a close. How was it for you? Mine was calm and I’m enjoying the down time, although February looks quite busy, but I think it’ll be a good thing for me!
- I am reading the book about purging and joy – “Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo. It’s a companion book (I think it means follow-up) to #1 New York Times best-seller “The Life-Changing magic of Tidying Up”. If you put anything like “organize” or “purge” on a magazine cover or book chances are I’m going to buy it. The main premise is holding something and asking yourself, “Does this bring me joy?” and if not, you toss it. But it’s so much deeper than that, it’s not about just purging or the act of tossing things, but keeping and having things that bring you joy in the house. You can have an empty house but still feel like there’s no joy. I’m realizing this can be a difficult thing to balance but a wise one.
- I had our carpets steam cleaned. Even with our shoes off inside preference, dust and normal wear and tear happened on our new white carpet. $99 for two bedrooms might sound like a deal but be prepared for major upselling during the cleaning – in my case I had to say no four times! They did a great job, and thankfully I’m pretty good at not getting those unnecessary add ons.
- We’re 95% done with our tax organization which was a complete pain in my opinion. Just for me since I manage two LLC’s and the modeling stuff – it’s just the inputting of every expense which is tedious and also the mileage! Until next year, come on baby, please let us not owe a lot!
- I am obsessed with my acting class. And possibly even more so with acting itself. I was so fearful when I signed up. In fact, immediately after I did, a little anxiety and nervousness started to creep in that I thought about just not showing up and considering my payment a loss. Four classes later, I’ve completely emerged – my shyness with acting, my voice, my movement, I just feel confident with not only acting when the camera is rolling, but in my own skin! I get lost in the 2.5 hours that I’m in class, watching others and their craft, and working on mine, it’s addicting! It’s the time during the day when I feel as if I can focus on nothing else but what’s in front of me, and I’m eating up every second of it. I can’t wait to see how I feel in May!
- I’m growing my hair out and lightening it. (Obviously the photo is not recent). Short, sassy and dark was fun, but now I’m going back to my natural (even though it won’t be).
I’m trying to take one day at a time over these next few weeks and learn to be in the moment with every appointment I have on the calendar. It’s great to be alive and be surrounded by good folks. Have a great weekend. xx