I’ll tell you what I don’t have heart eyes over and I’m more like crosseyed – paint colors. In particular, white, then beige, then wondering if I want white instead of beige in our home! It’s so much more confusing than one would think picking out paint colors for the expansion. I was at Sherwin-Williams three times since we last spoke.
How’s your new year going so far? I know it’s only a week in, this year I decided no resolutions, just MORE intentional living. My word for this year is “MORE”. After so many days of cold and freezes at night – yes even Phoenix can get cold and down to 30 degrees at night shocking our plants, you can say I’m ready for it to warm up. Just a little, not overheat. I’ll be eating my words come June.
Lilly Pulitzer’s After Party Sale is going on starting today! It’s HUGE and new styles will drop tomorrow too. Now’s your time to get a shift dress for $59, even items for $20! I took a peek at the sale and I’m so excited, these popovers are affordable at $59 and I mean the site gets crazy, you are in a virtual line so the site doesn’t crash. So if you’re new to Lilly, now’s your time to see the quality and feel the joy when you wear the clothes, and stock up, as warmer temps are coming!
A few personal revelations –
- Old friends will remind you of certain details when your memory or heart fails you. Sometimes a few words of a reminder from friends who have been there can remind you of triumphs or things they saw in your character or situation that are powerful reminders. Reminders of why old friends are treasures, why long lasting friends are gemstones and why we need to maintain those strong bonds because as the years past as long as you have an old friend by your side, those memories will never, ever die.
- I connect with music on such soulful level. It’s too bad that I sound like I’m tone deaf when I sing. When I listen to songs there are words, beats, rhythms that almost go right into my bloodstream and hit my heart. I played Mariah Carey’s greatest hits on the way back from our Palm Springs trip and I was singing and moving my head feeling that beat like I was Stevie Wonder! I totally know how he feels the music because I was feeling it on the car ride home I think Benjamin was not expect to relive his Mariah Carey Las Vegas experience with me, but he just did. And now I want to see her for the fifth time and it must be 10th row again. Who wants to be my date?
- I bought six David Austin Roses. I was watching a series on French gardens called Monty Don’s French Gardens on Netflix and I pretty much miss everything about France and their gardens. I am due for a visit, I can never get enough French anything and after the show said the first thing that goes into a French garden are roses and they are obsessed with roses, it just made me want more. And I am my mother’s daughter.
- I started reading The Real Simple Method to Organizing Every Room: And How To Keep It That Way. And I couldn’t even finish a page before I started to frantically clean out my closet. I already did a purge (see listings on Poshmark) and I had to go through it again. Later that night after I read a few more pages, I immediately got out of bed, walked over to my closet and grabbed the hanger and threw them on the floor, for ultimate drama – and reminder not to put it back. The next day my little sis (from Big Brothers Big Sisters, over a decade later we’re still close) she came up and she took 90% of it and I felt so relived.
- Did you watch Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix? It came out in the new year and after a few episodes in, Benjamin and I started throwing things away. Benjamin in his bathroom, “I hate this hairspray. It does not bring me joy.” and tosses it in the trash can. He gets the method.
- I have to say that I am praising God for my husband. I realize that after seven years, he has never done anything hurtful to me, inflicted any unkind words or pain to make me cry or put me in any questionable or awkward heart wrenching situations. I have never sat crying from any pain he’s caused and I am so thankful. I know that doesn’t seem like a realistic thing for a marriage and I don’t think it’s the definition of a perfect one either, but it is just how ours is. Drama-free, fun and been very enjoyable over these years. I don’t have any ups or downs with Benjamin, he is consistent. No roller coaster of emotions (such a thing I was used to dating and when I was younger) and it’s nice to have a partner that is funny, witty, kind, easy and just like a best friend. No drama, no questions, just a partner that I am not only equally yolked with but one that is everything kind, patient, loving and loves me in the truest way that I have ever understood even when I deserve it. It is my prayer if you are single and still looking for your Mr. Wonderful to know he is out there. Look for qualities that you look for in a best friend, a team player, a dependable, faithful partner, you deserve
- I’m learning not to rush things, I suppose that means, patience. In particular I’m referring to my new blog design which I am anxious to launch and share the hard work we’e done with my website designer. I wanted to make it visually appealing and easier to navigate for you. Instead of focusing on other areas like social media, growth, etc., I’ve decided I want to focus on the readers (that’s you) that I have now and completely cater and put all my energy and design HERE, where it all started.
- Sometimes having a theme song for the week is fun. Or month. A song I have on repeat that gets me fired up lately is this song, the beat and lyrics are so fun and inspiring. Hope you feel like you can hit those high hopes and keep those visions – can be that one in a million, you are one in a million!
Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Shooting for the stars when I couldn’t make a killing
Didn’t have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes (High, high hopes)
Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Didn’t know how but I always had a feeling
I was gonna be that one in a million
Always had high, high hopes
Anyway, I hope you have a fantastic week ahead. I was thinking about things I don’t love doing, and I try to find the positivity, like I’m getting paid (haha, but for real) or I get to see people I like, or I get to be outside and enjoy the weather, the small blessings or the things I am ABLE to do and GET to do instead of have to. xx