My love for French toast seems to be returning – after I had the most amazing breakfast at Bottega Louie in Downtown LA, and then at my girlfriend’s house in San Diego, I was like, ok, I’m now obsessed. I’m sharing a friend’s passed down recipe to me, one I’ve eaten and loved! It’s quite easy considering you put everything in a blender and then just dip the bread and put it on the pan. Easy? Sold.
Did you know it’s recommended to consume three servings of milk per day?
This month Shamrock Farms is hosting a Grand Slam Give Back ticket promotion to an Arizona Diamondbacks game on Labor Day, Monday, September 3. They are just $9.60. Every ticket sold Shamrock Farms will donate a serving of milk to St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance, and will donate up to 96,000 servings! The Diamondbacks are also donating with a $2 contribution to St. Mary’s for every ticket sold to help with Hunger Action Month in September. So now’s a great time to get some milk at your local Fry’s, grab some baseball tickets (buy here) and make this French toast recipe! What a great way to spend a weekend morning making this –
- 1 large loaf challah bread (pictured from Trader Joe’s) or brioche bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (I used Shamrock Farms Calcium Plus milk)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Salted butter
Serves 6 to 8. Syrup, powdered sugar butter, fresh berries are optional for toppings.
- Combine eggs, milk, grated orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt into a blender and blend
- Heat skillet on medium high with salted butter
- Slice your bread about 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- In a 9 x 13 pan add the blended mixture and then dip the bread on both sides allowing to soak for a few seconds. Let access mixture drip off the slices before you add it to the skillet to cook
Tip: Don’t over flip your French toast. Once you have laid it in the pan let it brown to a golden brown and flip once.
Serve with your favorite toppings – butter, syrup, powdered sugar, fresh berries, fresh whipping cream, crème fraîche, or maple whipped butter! ENJOY!
I am obsessed with their cottage cheese (see this protein pancake recipe without protein powder) and she said she loves their sour cream. There really is a difference – and Shamrock Farms has no added growth hormones. Find Shamrock Farms at your local Fry’s store. I hope you enjoy this French toast recipe!
And you might be thinking, do you always have cute dishes and platers? Yes. I figure if you have to own anything, find the cutest ones available whether it be napkins, utensils, plates, and baking pans (why not?)! It’s kind of the rule as a blogger too – it helps with photo taking! Although I do need to add some white dishes and bowls because I heard food looks great on white dishes, have you heard that? I think as long as it’s a cute plate, no one cares what color it is ;) And of course the food needs to look good too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.