I’m coasting into the new year, mentally anyway. How are you doing? I have a lot more collaborations I need to work out – as in photograph and draft and schedule posts, but for some reason I’m not stressed about it – they will get done. Perhaps it’s the bulk of my work that feels complete, finally.
I had the most wonderful birthday on Friday. I felt so blessed to spend the day with dear friends for every meal, headed home after lunch to answer emails and texts, a fun FaceTime call with a girlfriend and her babes, got ready for a steakhouse dinner with my husband who surprised me with inviting his aunt and uncle and enjoyed lamb (I love steak but lamb first then duck if I see it on a menu)! Then we headed to the airport to pick up my girlfriend Rachel from Nor Cal (went with her to Thailand), and the weekend was filled with quality time, and my long time college girlfriend Melissa (Club MED) stopped by to drop off a gift. No birthday blues this year, what a wonderful day, I survived, phew! :)
- I’ve been requested to make this cranberry sauce recipe again, a recipe belonging to one of my best girlfriends who has a food blog. I highly recommend it – it’s so easy and it’s DIFFERENT!! I promise it’ll be a hit and it’s only 3 ingredients and one is sugar, haha!
- Personal and business holiday cards are addressed and stamped! I won’t send them until after the first week of December since I don’t want people staring at my mug for a month, I’ll feel bad. But truthfully I would love to send them out now so I feel like I’m done.
- I’m not done Christmas shopping though. I have a holiday gift guide coming out on Thanksgiving I need to work on so stay tuned for that, after you are stuffed you can internet shop and stay tuned because I will also do a strictly Amazon gift guide haha!!
- I’ve been taking naps lately, I put on a Netflix movie and I fall asleep. I don’t even watch it, I just want something playing while I snooze on the couch under this amazing fur blanket everyone should own. The chinchilla is a different texture and my favorite fur.
- I am excited to share a home tour soon of Boho Farm and Home, you will die when you see how lovely this home is, belonging to my former spiritual mentor. My backyard is a reflection of her influence as well as a few touches around my home. When I grow up I hope to be as hospitable and talented as she is.
- Please check out this short video I did with Dogeared for their holiday campaign. I am thankful to my girlfriend Molly of Love Story Films, who filmed and edited the piece. It was fun to conceptualize the story and have Molly capture it as I envisioned!
I just want to leave you with some encouragement to tackle each task one day at a time. Spread them out if it’s helpful or dedicate a full day to do it all. It will amaze you how it will be nice to cross things off your list and any chance you can relax, take it. Your mental health and self care is so important – enjoy the holidays as much as you can! See you here tomorrow! xx