Aside from the most important things to be appreciative for like Jesus, health, family and friends, here are a few more off the wall things I’m truly thankful for:
- My dad for telling me when I was young, to, “Look it up,” whenever I asked him what a word meant. Sure, I hated that but I am certain that taught me to be self efficient and to research on my own, before asking.
- Google. Really. Thank you Google for iGoogle, my Droid, gChat, my Google Calendar, Reader and well, everything you do Google and for simply existing. You complete me. Wanna get married? Diana Google sounds just lovely.
- My mother for the endless talks and life reflections. I know that I will miss that when my mom is gone. Her wisdom means so much to me.
- WHCC for being speedy little elves over there. I place and order and within 3-4 days it’s at my doorstep. Wowza.
- Girlfriends who are like sisters. I never wanted one growing up (I liked having all the attention), but I’m glad I have a dozen girls that I can depend on and know I’ll never be homeless, if anything should ever happen to me.
- Pandora. My girlfriend, who gets me. Because every time I open up my Pandora window, she starts with my boyfriend, John Mayer, always.
- Not just the people in my life who have made me, but those who have exited (whether it was their choice or mine) because of their absence in my life, I am who I am.
- Anthropologie for putting everything that is in my heart and brain and putting it into housewares and clothing. You get me.
- Jaimee Rose at the Arizona Republic for her support of my photography over the past year and the publicity she has given me.
- Skype, for allowing me to get in touch and make new friends all over the world.
- My mom and dad who have provided more than I deserve, ever.
- My new modeling/acting agency that I’m excited to start the new year working with. I’ll announce when it’s official.
- The staff at She Knows. I just love them. I really do. I had so much fun hosting the Chat Pack and I can’t wait to work with them again.
- Firefighters. Oh come on, don’t act surprised.
Remember, even during the tough times where you may feel lost, confused, saddened or all of the above, you can always find something to be thankful for. Your health, clothing, a roof over your head, and a sovereign God who loves you unconditionally, so very very much. Happy Thanksgiving!
Diana Elizabeth will be home in Northern California, Granite Bay to be specific, relaxing with her mom and dad, and her beautiful impulse buy from her senior year of college, Paris, a yorkie. She likes to squeeze Paris on her chest until his lungs are out of air and he lets out a little “ompf”sound. She’s sort of like Elvira from Tiny Toons. Diana had never loved a creature more in her entire life.