No products in the cart.
What I’ve accomplished during my time off
My “summer tour” started earlier than usual, starting in April with Albuquerque, then went to Seattle (see tulip festival pics) and it just has continued to roll into Dana Point with another bestie, and now I am in Sacramento to take my parents to the Antiques Road Show taping.
It’s today, Monday! See my IG stories for the behind the scenes scoop. And as soon as I get back, I take off to Vegas with my best girl gang. It kinda stinks it started early because the weather is pretty divine, I need to be leaving in June to August!
So, here’s what I’ve been accomplishing this month alone – time off sure has me quite productive personally!
- Dropped off my higher-end clothing off at a consignment store (if you are local it’s My Sister’s Closet). They give 45% of the sales and I have no idea what they are pricing but I just had to drop it of and walk away!
- Dropped off more houseware donations. I went through drawers in my office and just filled up bags and dropped them off at the hospice thrift store. I also donated bedding I’ve been keeping forever because there was one time I loved it so much but I’m never going to put it on today.
- Cleared my computer desktop.
- Sent one of my best friend blogging goodies. I just had so much stuff. I want to bless someone else with those things instead of thinking I’ll need it one day for a shoot. This also reminds me I need to do some giveaways, just organizing it can be hard for me!
- Sent a few birthday cards, on time. I love sending birthday cards out, if time allows, as in I’m not traveling to miss it, and I can drop them in the mail on time! If you get a card from me, you know my life is in order, if you don’t, don’t worry, you’ll get a phone call haha!
- I booked my second PCA Peel. I loved the results the first time I did it and now I’m getting it done again since I plan on having more down time this summer!
- Cleared out the pantry. And donated the abundance.
- Sealed our home. I mean I didn’t do it myself, but we hired guys to do it so keeping the AC I’m paying for inside, and the buggies out! See on stories –
When I’m not working all I want to do is clean the house and purge – anyone else? I had dropped off some donations and I had mentioned that it looked like he had a lot of stuff to go through and he replied, “Yes, that show on Netflix is very popular,” referencing the Marie Kondo series, haha!
That made me giggle. There needs to be another show about making sure the things you bring into your home bring you joy too though, because I think often we buy just to buy things which is a problem. I find myself doing that sometimes because it’s “cute” or “on sale” or “trendy” only to find I’m donating it a few months later!
So, here’s to constantly growing – and paying attention to where our money and time is spent (unless the store is called Daiso also known as the Japanese $1.50 store then just buy it alllllll, haha). xx!