No products in the cart.
A Galentine’s Day Dinner
Hosting my first Galentine’s Day with my girl gang. I have LOTS of photos to share are you ready?
Sequined Mini Skirt: Anthropologie (wearing size 2P for length) / Long sleeve crop top: Similar / Heels: Similar
I went to lunch with one of my best friends Sommer and I mentioned a Galentine’s Day dinner – actually I had invited her to dinner on Valentine’s Day night but then I mentioned dinner with our girl gang and she said we should do it. We then picked a few dates and asked the girls when they were free! She also suggested we should bring something fun for everyone like Valentine’s Day at school! So keep it simple, a cookie, cupcake, lipgloss, or go all out because you just want to (always me, I can’t help myself). I think I just love to gift and there are too many cute things out there!
Galentine’s Day is February 13th, but with our schedules we decided February 3 was a good night for us to get together! And I also like that we celebrated early because it makes me have Valentine’s Day decor up longer. I took a day and stopped into some stores to find some decor. I headed to Home Goods, World Market, and of course, the 99 Cents Only store – because I love a good deal.
The Galentine’s Day Playlist
This is the playlist had on during the party and I LOVE it! Valentine’s Day Vibes.
Setting the table for Galentine’s Day
I think the best thing to do is pop into your favorite stores, Walmart, World Market, Target, Home Goods, Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, the 99 Cents Store (go there first!) and see what you can find. I go from cheapest to most expensive as I collect things and I also try to keep in mind I want a classy dinner not cheesy child-like so you can really focus on what theme or vibe you want. There are so many things it’s easy to think something is cute but then you feel like it’s for a child when you bring it home (guilty on several occasions!). Amazon and Etsy are also great.
Links to the tablescape decor –
- Porcelain heart bowls from Amazon (7 inch, 20 oz., 600 ml)
- Marble tablecloth by from Home Goods, $17
- Salad plates from Williams Sonoma
- Faux marble vase made in France from Home Goods, $17
- Heart plate made in Turkey from Home Goods, $4
- Vintage woven placemats, Brass Armadillo Antique Store
- Crystal Basketweave glassware from Pottery Barn
- Goblets from Ballard Designs
- XOXO heart napkins from the 99 Cents Only Store
- Fluted votive holders, The Dollar Tree
- Heart hand towels, set of 2, Williams Sonoma
What I served for Galentine’s Day Dinner
One of my go-to dinners is this delicious soup and I haven’t made it for my girl gang yet and so I thought this was the perfect time to make it for them. Every guest I make it raves about it, makes it at home, or passes it along to others. It’s so easy to make when you have guests, and only takes 10 minutes putting it all into one pot! You can wait until everyone arrives to get started.
- Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup (3 ingredients from Trader Joe’s) + French Thyme
- Mini Baguettes, individual ones in frozen section at Trader Joe’s or the Cheesecake Factory brown bread!
What I gifted for Galentine’s Day
I know I could have done cookies or chocolate covered strawberries and called it a day but I don’t roll like that. I just kind of kept finding things and then it turned into custom baskets filled with items. It’s just how I am! Keep in mind these gifts can also double as decor – so you can buy balloons or a cookie on a place setting.
- Personalized mini straw totes from Etsy (under $9 each!)
- Pink tumblers from The 99 Cents Only Store
- Red heart sunglasses from The 99 Cents Only Store – also comes in pink, blue and yellow.
- Marble strawberry heart cookies from Etsy
- A card and I wrote words that made me think of each girlfriend of mine, about 15-20 words and a few more words about how much I love them.
The gifts given were so fun! From beauty things to candies, it’s just the thought that counts and it was so sweet to exchange gifts. I love this new little party we’ll be adding to our traditions. I also can’t believe I’ve known these girls for 17+ years since our pageant days. So amazing to have such faithful friends who show up, who are dedicated, loyal and committed. Cheers to celebrating friendship like this!
I hope this inspires you to host a Galentine’s Day with your friends.
Diana Elizabeth wants to throw a spring party when the backyard looks in bloom, so she’s thinking of an excuse.