No products in the cart.
National Gardening Day
It’s national gardening day! Grab a trowel or a shovel and let’s get digging! Whether you are a seasoned gardener or aspiring to be, I’m sharing some links and words of wisdom on this special day!
Sweat shirt and eyelet short: Splendid (size down wearing size XS) / Floral slides: Blowfish, bought at Marshall’s (similar) / Mini hoops: Mejuri
Words of Wisdom on Gardening (from me)
- Check on your garden every day (morning if you can) to see what has grown, what might need water, or tackle pest problems before they worsen.
- Remember even seasoned gardeners kill things – and sometimes it’s not really our fault, it can be bad luck or the plant could be sick.
- Select a color palette for your garden and stick to it! Mine is white, purple and pinks with touches of yellow.
- Remember gardening is also a work out so though the cost can be high (like $200 for plants?) you are spending a day in the sun maybe listening to an audiobook, or in your own thoughts and exercising your body!
- In fall we are planning and prepping our gardens for a spring bloom. We are always preparing for the season ahead!
Garden blog posts
Here is a round up some of my how-to garden posts for easy reference wherever you are in your garden journey. Some are older but the advice is still the same!
- How to start a garden and build garden beds
- 8 must-have cheap gardening tools from the 99 Cents Store
- How to Buy a Fruit Tree
- Creating a Rock Drainage Path (for muddy areas)
- How to Make a Diamond Wall Trellis for Vines
- Building our kitchen garden area
- How to dry and freeze herbs
- How to seed start: A Guide for Beginners
- Protecting plans from hot summers
Diana Elizabeth is finally working on her planting calendar and keeping track of what is in bloom. After all these years she feels like she has mastered the timing of prepping for the upcoming season!