Even though it’s winter, it feels more like fall now that the leaves are starting to drop. I know you all have better leaf color changes where you are since we rarely get to see that here in the desert, but here’s a glimpse of outside while I let the buns do their daily exercise and run.
Our newly planted Chinese Elm has changed colors. I can’t wait for it to grow and shade most of our backyard.
Our Asian Pear tree is going dormant. Soon we can cut off 20% off the top every year without killing it (according to AZ Plant Lady). She was great help with her recommendations, I highly recommend her consultation services.
Grapefruit season is here. Too bad I don’t eat much of it, so I guess I’ll have to find some recipes or give them away since we have two trees.
Now I’ll force you to see rabbits. Sometimes I think they are like dogs just following me everywhere. And, they think everything is edible, rubber, plastic, they just gnaw on it all.
CAUGHT! Look at London taking a bite out of that basket! She’s the bigger one – see her ears are longer. She’s not a dwarf.
But this little girl Liberty is. Can you tell the difference between them?
I’m loving my Sony NEX a lot, it’s just one of those cameras that’s so much more pleasant to take around with me when I’m not shooting professionally. I recommend it to photog friends and clients who ask about what type of camera to buy. If you’re not interested in starting a business but you want something convenient and lightweight for every day/travel use, consider a mirrorless camera. Most major camera brands have their own version.
I didn’t get paid for that plug by the way. I wish I did.
Things I learned this week:
- I want a water softener. My inlaws have them and their water was silky smooth. My body felt less dry out there in IL.
- I love old friendships. Having my gf Maayan in town all week was good for my soul.
- I’m an overly forgiving person – this is good, but at times I think it’s ok to come to the realization maybe less time with that person would be better for my ego, and my ears.
- If you feel “pressure” or judged from others by social media, get off of it. Another resolution is to stop telling people every detail of your life so they have nothing to judge. No one has to know.
- I don’t need 4 pairs of sneakers when I don’t wear sneakers to begin with.
Diana Elizabeth says sometimes when she’s outside she gets a little bored watching them run. But she has to be out there because she doesn’t want something like this to happen.