No products in the cart.
Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011
Oh, 2010. I love you. I really, really do. I love you more than my other favorite year, 2006, my last year of being a wild child.
I look back and I think of all the things that have happened in 2010 and I felt like it was two years of experience crammed into one. Unbelievable. Remarkable. A few things that I can share that I’ve experienced and give thanks for experiencing this year.
Happy New Year, indeed.
Things I did in 2010:
- 9 days on the road trip through the south with my college best friend, Jackie.
- 5 days in Hawaii with my high school best friends.
- 4 trips to Albuquerque to visit one of my favorite families that recently moved.
- 3 trips home to Nor Cal (this is sadly, a big deal).
- Started another business (this one).
- Maid of Honor at Nicole and Jake’s wedding.
- Bridesmaid at Brenna and Nate’s wedding.
- Captured my sister’s wedding and birth story.
- Winning a trip to WPPI Las Vegas from KISS Wedding Books.
- Left my acting agency of 10 years to sign with FORD Models.
- Switched from PC to Mac. xoxo
- Traded in my Blackberry for a Droid 2.
Things I learned in 2010:
- Even though I don’t drink alcohol, I do like bubbly, er, make that the CHEAPEST champagne out there, irony?
- Creating spam filters on your email is awesome and gives you peace of mind!
- I’m still amazed at how insensitive people can be…
- …and, immature.
- Just because you are Christian does not mean you are a doormat. Speak truth and go boldly in the name of God!
- I have some really good discernment.
- I need to find my patience again, I lost it.
- Ask boldly, and never, ever settle.
- To never rush into things.
- You can’t force something that is just either too hard, or you just aren’t feeling.
- Yes I am going to milk what I’ve got for as long as I can because one day, I won’t be able to.
- Be still.
- Do not let others or circumstances upset you more than necessary. Once you forgive and put it behind you the better. Exert that energy into the future and doing something positive and leave the past there.
What I’m looking forward to in 2011:
- Excited that the SheKnows Chat Pack is back for a second season! Filming starts second week of January.
- Being reped as a model and actress by FORD Models.
- Arizona Bridal Show and my fantabulous booth!
- My first out of state wedding in So Cal – YES brides, I do and will travel for your special day! Bring me with you! :)
- A wedding at Troon Golf and Hotel Valley Ho! Awesome venues, I have brides with excellent taste!
- WPPI 2011 in Las Vegas. Enough said.
- A June photography workshop in So Cal that is costing me an arm and a leg to attend but I know it’ll be worth every penny.
- Um, I believe the fourth installment of Twilight comes out! :)
- In the next year or two, I will either totally upgrade my current townhome, or buy a second home. I’m leaning towards buying a home that I can renovate. So excited.
- A BIG announcement on Monday.
Diana Elizabeth is ready to put on her party dress from H&M and ring in the New Year!