This post is sponsored by Shamrock Farms.
Before you head to the grocery store, download a coupon to purchase Shamrock Farms products, visit ShamrockFarms.net/coupons to save $1 on any two Shamrock products. You can also find more information on where to buy Shamrock Farms’ Cottage Cheese so you can try your own pairings. Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese is unlike any other cottage cheese – it has a soft and mild flavor that has been crafted using a hands-on approach refined for three generations, and Shamrock Farms never adds artificial growth hormones, ever.
Here are some ideas to put on your breakfast board – and make it a big one! I couldn’t fit all of these on, but there’s always next time!
Food ideas to include when creating a breakfast board
- Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese (also cream cheese)
- Hard boiled eggs (sliced or halved)
- Berries: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- Breads: Toast, bagels, bagel chips, sliced baguette, scones
- Avocado slices or a spread
- Tomatoes (cherry or large)
- Sliced apples
- Pomegranate seeds
- Sliced oranges
- Honey, jams
- Think color when you shop!
Look for the colorful fruit when you are in the produce aisle, it will make your breakfast board pop! Also a trick to make the fruit colors pop before serving your tray, wash them under super cold ice water.
Breakfast Board Assembly Tips
- First place the dipping sauces and spreads – anything in small bowls on the tray.
- Use bagels, bread, toast, anything to create dividers between the fruits that are small they tend to run off the tray (like blueberries and raspberries).
- Add the fruit between the bread dividers (or whatever else you choose) and look at color to balance so red fruit on one side, and another red fruit on the other side.
- Take some fruit and sprinkle it around the tray if you have no room, like I did with the apple slices! It brings the board together and you see green all around the board.
I used a thrifted tray and crystal bowl I found earlier this week! I love finding unique pieces for entertaining, this one in particular had an engraving on it from the 1970s which looked as if it were an appreciation or commemoration for a service from an organization. I cleaned it up and it was perfect for a breakfast board! Also the tablecloth is an antique store find. I am planning on popping into more stores this month!
I hope you have a wonderful start to the new year and hit your personal goals. Eating well is a resolution of ours, and with a new refrigerator that keeps us super organized (who knew a counter depth was enough room for us!), I think it will be a success – eating well means feeling well. Shamrock Farms products are farm-fresh and made of the finest ingredients you can taste, even one of my best friends who is an incredible cook agrees! Look for the green lid or green tops in the dairy section. For more news and updates about Shamrock Farms, visit www.shamrockfarms.net and follow www.facebook.com/shamrockfarms and @shamrockfarmsmilk.
Happy New Year!