We are continuing the off camera set up I use during wedding receptions. In this post I’m going to mention some extra pieces of equipment that will help with making your off camera flash images look better.
Additional equipment I talk about in this post:
- Gary Fong Lightsphere Universal Cloud
- Canon Battery Pack CP-E4
- Energizer AA Rechargeable batteries 2300 mAh
Your diffuser should always be positioned like a whale tale – instructions come with your diffuser
- I highly recommend the Gary Fong Lightsphere Universal Cloud diffuser if you own a flash in general. It softens the look of your images when using a flash.
- If that is out of your budget, you can look int these diffusers – this one for the 430 EX II, or 580 EX II
- If you use full-power, or start to take a lot of images at once, like a burst, you may notice it drains your battery quicker or has a slower time recharging. This when a battery pack comes in handy – if you want to be shooting bursts – your flash will power up quicker. You need to find a battery pack that suits your camera model. It plugs right into your flash – because you’re powering the flash.
- I was told to use Energizer AA Rechargeable batteries 2300 mAh, because they last longer and provides high power. Pair it with this charger. I own two chargers so I can recharge quicker before a big shoot or wedding.
The items in this post are must-haves for every wedding photographer.
Off Camera Flash Post Series