With the holidays coming up, I am sharing the ultimate side dish for you to bring. This mac and cheese dish (only 5 ingredients) – made with Gruyère cheese will be requested over and over again when you’re invited to bring something – trust me.
Macaroni + Gruyère Cheese Recipe
Macaroni + Gruyère Cheese Ingredients
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 lb. Gruyère cheese
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 4 egg yolks only
- 3 table spoons unsalted butter
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse pasta.
- Mix cooked pasta with shredded Gruyère cheese, saving 1/2 cup.
- In bowl, whisk half-and-half, egg yolks and the 3 tablespoons of melted butter, pour over pasta in baking dish.
- Spray aluminum foil with baking spray or cover with butter and cover dish, to prevent cheese sticking to foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, uncover and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of Gruyère cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until top is golden.
Now you are equipped to make the best mac and cheese in town and be prepared to be invited to every pot luck and requested to bring this dish with you! This can also be a full meal for perhaps 6. It’s a heavy filling mac and cheese.
Diana Elizabeth also likes to make the cranberry sauce, it belongs to Pantry Lane (one of her best friends) here’s the recipe. She’s also jotting it down here if the blog ever goes down – 1 12oz pkg cranberries, fresh • 1 C sugar
1 orange, medium size all in a food processor (make it a day or two ahead).