No products in the cart.
Bircher Muesli Recipe – cold oats
I think this is my first recipe I’m sharing. Oh dear. I swear to the moon and back that you will LOVE this! What is Bircher Museli? Well, there are many versions of it – it’s pretty much oats, grains, nuts, yogurt and fruit – many different varieties.
Guests always ask for the recipe and it doesn’t take a lot of time and you do not need the exact amount of ingredients. Eyeball everything, add more of what you want, take things away. See how I cook?
- Old Fashioned Quaker Oats (not quick oats)
- Milk or soy
- 1 thinly sliced banana
- 1 thinly sliced orange
- 1 grated (with skin) granny smith apple
- Handful of blueberries (can be frozen and de thawed)
- Almond slices
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
Know that these ingredients are estimations, you never have to measure, other than having a whole piece of fruit.
- Fill a bowl with the Old Fashioned Quaker Oats and milk just so the oats can soak in the milk.
- Prep the fruit (slice, dethaw if frozen, grate) and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Drain access milk from oat and milk bowl if needed, then add to the large mixing bowl.
- Stir in vanilla yogurt to desire of creaminess
- Add handful of almond slices on top!
Serves 3-4. You can change ingredients depending on the season and preference. Leftovers will keep for one day – but best eaten the same day.
Diana Elizabeth loves different versions of museli, if you have one, share it with her.