My friends Lauren and Brandy (both photographers/influencers) came over with their husbands and Lauren’s brother too. The three of us couples really get along well and since we realized that, we make time to get together as often as we can! I love our time together and we feel like home instantly with each other.
This year I arranged seating so couples were all split up and there were no girls and guys side of the table – this made sure everyone talked to each other collectively at the entire table. We laughed and visited and it felt like this was such a great setup for the flow of conversation. I learned it from some documentary on Downton Abbey – that usually who you go to dinner do not sit together for conversation. Something like that ;)
I burned my Christmas tree candles, I know they can be pricey but they are still part of the ambiance. I got them from Home Goods just as they put Christmas decor out and have been enjoying them as decor but by the time Christmas comes around – I know to burn them and enjoy them! They never keep well in storage anyway with heat, they start to discolor so use them, ’tis the season!
I have a few more dinner parties to host, some casual and some a little larger. I know some of you aren’t able to spend time with family and friends due to lockdowns, I’m sorry, so I hope you feel like you are here with me. We are open in Arizona and I am so grateful. I am bummed I won’t be able to see our parents this season because they are in states that are in lockdown (CA and IL, but they are still free to travel but our parents are older and more cautious which is fine). So we decided we will be celebrating with as many friends here as we can, as many of our friends will also be staying here too.
- Wine Bottle Crystal Veils
- Sleigh bells (I used as napkin rings) (similar from Zara Home)
- Christmas tree candles: Home Goods
- Green and deer plates: Ballard Designs (old)
- Shell placemats (vintage)
- Jacquard green napkins (Zara Home, old)
- Crystal basketweave glasses (for water): Pottery Barn
- Water Goblet (I use this for nonalcoholic drinks): Ballard Designs
- Red tablecloth: Home Goods
- Brass glass hurricanes: Antique at Antique Gatherings
- Mercury glass tea light holders: Various (similar), Ballard Designs
- Placecard holders: West Elm (on clearance now)
- Gold flatware: One Kings Lane
- Dining room chairs: Ballard Designs
- Silver plated serveware: Thrifted and antiques
Diana Elizabeth said she wouldn’t be working but she kind of is, but then this is also not very work to her. Funny how that works out.