How do you like my new short and darker ‘do? I had to postpone my cut until after the Google shoots so I looked the same in the campaign. It feels so great to have shorter hair. I’ve had the long Disney Princess hair and I just needed something less maintenance this summer, I now have efficient hair.
Fridays are for rambling about life and thoughts so here goes.
I’ll tell you what I’ve been thinking a lot about – my goal on the simple, efficient life. The heck does that really mean? I was at a Pinterest blogging event the other week – an event that made me verbalize to fellow bloggers exactly what my blog is about, what I do, and a painful throbbing awareness that I can only last so long in high heels. Simple: Fewer things, basics, using what works. Efficient: Shortcuts in life, things that make annoying things in life easier, economical.
What helps me achieve a simple and efficient life:
- Safeway grocery delivery – Because 2 hours of being at a grocery store and touching your food six times before it gets to your fridge is a waste of time.
- Food portioned meals delivery – Because cooking for two is tough and so many ingredients go to waste for one meal – no I don’t want broccoli all week.
- An edible garden – Because earlier this week I ran out of salad so I went outside and grabbed some.
- A donation box in my closet – Because I’m guilty when it comes to over online shopping, so I purge when I add.
- Beauty products that do more than one thing – Because I’m lazy.
- A way to stay outside and not melt from the heat – Because I want to BBQ in the summer like the rest of the country.
- A cooling mattress pad – Because I live in the desert and it feels like a permanent state of menopause and running the AC is expensive.
- A salad shooter – Because it takes 30 seconds to grate a block of cheese with this thing!
The last post reminds me of the list posts I hope to tackle this summer – best of: loungewear, kitchen shortcuts, beauty, all things that I can absolutely vouch for because I own. I will pass on my Asian efficiency secrets to you!
Joking aside, I am finding the simple and efficient quest is quite enjoyable – finding a shortcut, a solution to a problem, to make something you don’t like doing but have to do for survival (like cooking), I feel like a discoverer! If you have any shortcuts in life, I’d love to know. I think a cleaning lady is a great shortcut too, thank goodness Mr. Wonderful agrees.
Hope you have a happy, efficient weekend. ;) xx