Ever since I tasted my girlfriend Rachel’s Thai tea on one of our lunches I have been dreaming of it – I don’t go to Thai restaurants that often only because there really aren’t that many around where I live, sadly.
Have you ever had Thai tea? Oh dear, it’s amazing.
After poking around for some recipes on how to make it, and a couple trials and errors to figure out what worked for me – and my impatience, I’m sharing it with you. Note I call all my recipes “Easy Recipes” because they must be – I don’t do anything in the kitchen unless it’s easy.
What you need:
10 steps to make Thai tea (serves 3-4)
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil
- Add 3/4 cup sugar, dissolve
- Add 1 cup Thai tea mix
- Let boil for 3-4 minutes (careful not to burn leaves)
- Turn off heat
- Leave alone for 15 minutes
- Pour tea thru cloth tea filter sock so leaves stay separated
- Place tea into fridge to cool (I do maybe 15 minutes because I’m thirsty and impatient)
- Pour tea into cup over lots of ice (this helps cool it anyway) about 3/4 of the cup
- Pour milk (need a thick milk like whole or half-and-half) over to top it off
If you haven’t had this before, tell me so when you come over I’ll make it for you!