If I could summarize 2013, I’d call it the year of refinement. I wouldn’t call it my most favorite year, or a bad one, but rather one that was still full of great surprises paired with lots of growth – a huge eye opener for sure, and with that said, has it’s tremendous blessings.
I am thankful for so much, the relationships I had, the ones that are still in my life, and the health of my family and friends. For the most part I’ve heard that this year has been a hard one for most, so with that said, I want you to know that you are not alone. And if you find that the new year of 2014 starts of rocky, know that you don’t have to mark your life by new years but you can start over any time, with a new tomorrow.
Wherever you are in life, however you feel about 2013, I hope that the new year of 2014 brings so many blessings, good news, and the strength to do (or continue doing) what you’ve always wanted to do. Happy New Year my friends!
Highlights/Things I did in 2013:
- Closed my personal Facebook account, peace!
- Switched my photography blog to lifestyle blogging
- Got two little bunnies, Liberty and London
- Writer for PhotoTuts+
- Went to Ireland for 7 days, London for 3 with Melayne
- Cover model of PHOENIX magazine – May issue
- Cover model for 2014 NAPA Classic Cars calendar
- One of my best girlfriends Rachel came to visit from Nor Cal
- My parents are visiting for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving and my bd
- Seattle trip with the family
- Benjamin and I visited Blake for 4th of July week
- Sony flew me out to San Diego for the Sony Club welcome event
- I started a new blog called The Heirloom Home
- Saw John Mayer in concert for the 3rd time
- Started 4 raised garden beds and doing pretty well with them!
- I was in Emma magazine this year modeling florals prints
What I learned in 2013 that I’ll take with me in the new year:
- Say goodbye to those that really aren’t true, but appreciate them for what they were
- Not everyone is who they say they are, be a little more cautious
- Less emphasis on things/people that weren’t emphasized anyway in my life
- If you aren’t happy doing it, then stop
- God will always provide
- The lesser, fewer, the better
- Nothing belongs to you
- It’s OK to walk away when you’ve had enough
- To keep words fewer, but kinder
- To understand the power of words and their affect and if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say it at all
- To distance myself from people with critical spirits and lack of control over their words
- To appreciate every day my family is healthy and here with me and all they have provided me with
- To appreciate that I have an unconditional loving husband who I can pour my heart out to without being judged, to be vulnerable with and to go through life with
Goals for 2014:
- Take more personal photos
- Spend time digging deeper with forever friends
- Make new relationships
- Finish sending my appreciation cards
Happiest New Year to you my sweet sweet friends. Thank you for reading and allowing me to share my heart, thoughts and for just giving me your time. I truly appreciate it.
Diana Elizabeth says it’s a good idea to reflect upon your accomplishments and set some goals. Reflecting and being appreciating is always important for the soul and this world.