I used to do this yearly on my old blog which I have since deleted its entire contents – sometimes I’m a crazy massive purger and deleter. I’m going to modify this a bit. I know I mentioned talking about hitting your 2012 running but I’m going to post that next week.
Let’s do one last random blog.
I still need to make my 2012 goal list. Have you made yours? I totally hit every single one on my list for 2011, but I can’t seem to find that list, dang it. This year I will have two different goals. I’ll have one for my career and one with Mr. Wonderful, our goals together for the year, financially, plans, you know, life. I can’t wait. If you haven’t thought about it yet, sit down with 10 minutes and start making it now. Then keep it safe somewhere and look at it every so often. Don’t make yourself feel pressured every day to stare at it like a monkey on your back, but just refresh your mind.
What I learned in 2011:
- You can do absolutely anything you want to do. You just need to believe in yourself and have the drive and no fail attitude.
- Never, ever settle. This applies to a gazillion areas of life.
- Friendships change with life – marriage, babies, time, you have to be okay and willing to change and adapt to this. Nothing ever stays the same and you have to be more than okay with that.
- A lot of success has to do with two things – 1) Talent and 2) Personality.
- Luck is something you make. Other times, “luck” is really blessings from God.
- This was the best year of my life – Thanks to living my dream of working full time doing what I love, and meeting the love of my life and getting married six months later!
- Life can change in the blink of an eye, clearly.
- Dreams can come true.
- There absolutely, without a doubt someone out there who is perfect for every person.
What I hope to learn in 2012:
- To be strong in grace. To give it all the time not because I’m so great, “Hey look at me I give grace!” But to be humble and reminded that I was given the greatest grace of all by God that I am not to think I am deserving of anything or perfect in any way.
- How to be the best wife I can be to my husband.
- How to cook.
- Stop comparing or checking on others success. Concentrate more on what I’m doing, and to be a cheerleader for others, even if I don’t know them.
- How to concentrate more with building relationships and surround myself with those who are more like-minded and kind.
- Life is not a race to get there sooner, quicker, or better. Every one is running their own race and has a different path that God has for them. I hope to learn and understand mine in 2012.
Last iPhone random pics during the last week of 2011:
If y’all aren’t following me on Instagram you’re so missing out on my second life. Well, more like a more intimate side of my life. I love Instagram because you can basically “see” people’s status updates with photos instead of having to read them.
Row 1: 64GB iPad from Mr. Wonderful means he has set the bar high for our first Christmas. / Yes, Team Edward cookies as a gift from my client Wurth Organizing / Two iced lattes coming up! I love my espresso machine and our cups from mom and dad / Row 2: So many wonderful Christmas cards at the house! I had to snap my favorites that featured photos I’ve taken (PS if you are waiting for ours, they will be in the form of New Years cards, of course I want our wedding photos on them!) / I bought this cinnamon crumb cake mix at Trader Joe’s because it was pretty. I finally decided to make it. / 3D movie Tin Tin at AMC – we did the dine in movie, it was a blast! / Row 3: la Ricki left a cutie centerpiece in our kitchen as a surprise. Our grapefruit tree is ripe with grapefruits! / Have you ever played Right, Left, Center? We did at our sixth elite girls Christmas party and I won the pot of money! (There are 8 of us, so like NCAA basketball, Elite 8, it’s a sports thing which is kinda weird since we’re not really into that.) / Goofy shot of us at the house, the first one at the house!
Happy New Year to you all. Remember whatever you goals are for the new year, you can do it despite circumstances. I was nicely let go from corporate two days after Christmas last year and I couldn’t wait to see what the new year would have in store for me. I was fearless, excited, and optimistic. Wherever you are in life personally or career wise, keep this attitude. I’ll have a motivational and goal oriented post for you in the new year.
Thank you for being a part of why I loved 2011. Without your comments, blog visits, interaction with me and friendship, it would have been a quite lonely year. You are so much appreciated. Happy New Year, praying for your dreams and mine.
Diana Elizabeth and Mr. Wonderful is not sure what they are doing for New Years yet. They sort of don’t have plans and feel like an old married couple even though they haven’t been married for a month yet! They think just being together will be more than enough. Let’s hope they don’t sleep through the New Year like an old married couple.