No products in the cart.
Quilt hung, shelf + sofa purchased!
The office will come together sooner than I anticipated. I was going to take my time but since I’ve been blessed with being busy, I felt more at ease with the office updates.
The issue I had with my office was impulse furniture. The two objects I am keeping and will probably always remain favorites include an antique painted chest from England and the dining room table from Ballard Designs. Those were investment pieces and spending a lot can be hard to bite initially (just save up the cash prior) but I am realizing my furniture habits are just the same as my wardrobe habits – quality always has value over time, that’s just what works for me and my lifestyle.
Snazzy little iPhone pic –
A few updates on the office
- I donated the furniture to our local hospice thrift store. Live in Phoenix? Consider the White Dove Thrift Shoppe.
- I bought couch to dream on. It’s filled with a feather/down/fiber blend. The slipcover zips off for cleaning. It’s 90″ long which is massive, and I can take a sweet nap on it, and yes, all the pillows are included. ZzzzZZZzzzz.
Haley Fabric Sofa in Seashell By Elements Fine Home, $1275, free shipping
I used tape to outline where the couch will go. Note – not a good idea on a jute rug, kinda sticks, and also make sure you don’t have lose tape or else you’ll get a four legged lizard friend stuck to it. RIP little dude.
- The 1934 handmade quilt by Benjamin’s great aunts. There were four aunts, Anna, Mary, Tilly and Catherine who never wed – they made a vow to take care of each other after their dad passed away when they were teenagers. I’m in awe, and I couldn’t think of any better artwork to put up in my office.
- There’s a travel theme in my office. I see it in the books I have displayed, and the books under my monitor as raisers, and the photos of me with my friends – we are all on holiday together. Those bags hanging on the back door? Oh, from travels too, how ironic.
Rug: Beverly by Lulu & Georgia / Jute Rug: Pottery Barn / Ottoman: One Kings Lane
- Look out for a DIY rope bookshelf. Alright, IKEA hack coming up. Sorry my desk looks crazy, still lots of stuff to move around. To the left on the floor is an over abundance of artwork. I have sadly decided many will not be making it to my walls – and now, into storage.
- I’m adding an invisible wall shelf – for those travel books. I’ll probably add artwork and clock on this wall.
I settled on this Anthro wall shelf – I was tired of searching online and I decided going to a store that I feel is “me” would be wise, so done. It’s deep enough to hold books I want to display for easy reading – I hope to have quiet time on my couch. Having my books in the closet doesn’t make anything easily accessible and a reminder to cozy up and read.
Floating Wall shelf, $50 Anthropologie
That’s it! Just waiting for everything to come in so I can continue to push stuff around the office. I love my skylight and moving my desk to the other side of the room has really changed the way I look at my office. I remember being told through a blogging workshop that you should put your desk in the best location.
Office pics taken with SONY NEX, 28mm/2.8 lens. I need to buy a wider angle for my Canon, my widest is a 35mm. Any recommendations?