No products in the cart.
Photography get up
Apparently I like to pose with my hip jetting out like a supermodel at the end of a runway while I’m shooting.
Figured I’d go over some gear that I absolutely love. For me – functionality overrules pretty. However pretty has it’s pluses, as you’ll see, I don’t hate the pretty.
What I use while shooting:
- Battery Grip – It’s more ergonomically correct for your arm and wrist – all the gears are on the same side. You can also double up on batteries to last you an 8-hour wedding and a few portrait sessions. $275 for the Mark III battery grip.
- Camera Strap – Yes it’s fancy. I get compliments on it all the time. It’s not exactly fancy in functionality, but it makes me happy. Mine is called “Washed Ashore” $130. See the rest of the line here.
- Black ensemble – I know some photographers are anti-ninja on the day. I don’t care, it’s not my day so I don’t want to stand out, plus I think wearing all black like most vendors is polite. However, just because you choose to wear black doesn’t mean you should be a frump. Top: H&M / Pants: cafe capri pants by J.Crew.
- One camera Bag – by UNDFIND, $130 – I used the “other” sac that used to be popular because everyone else did too, if you know what I mean. I hated pulling my lenses out of it – they were always stuck! There weren’t really any good pockets either! This UNDFIND bag which was created by friends of mine, is just awesome. You can even change it into a laptop bag and there’s a few zippers and pockets. This reminds me I need to do a video to show you. There’s also the waist shooter which is smaller and I take it with me for the quick portraits.
- Lens cap holder – also known as a Hufa S Lens Cap Clip, $10. Just snap your lens cap in there (in the photo there isn’t one since I remove all caps off before I place them in my bag for easy ability to switch.) So you won’t look like you have a pocket of chew in your back pocket.
- Compact Flash Card Holder – It hooks through my belt loop and in my pocket so that means MY CARDS ARE ON ME. If my equipment is stolen, fine. It’s covered by insurance. But my cards that hold the photos I’ve taken? On my body. I’d have to be stolen for those images to be gone. Think Tank Pixel Pocket holds 10 cards, $20.
I tend to wear my hair up in a bun so it’s out of my face.
Diana Elizabeth says she has another great list of other things that aren’t in this photo. She’ll do a similar post again.