No products in the cart.
PCA Peeling and Upcoming Reveals
Well if you aren’t watching my Instagram stories you have missed my incredible face off peel, aka the PCA peel I have subjected my face to experience this week. I had rescheduled this peel at least three or four times due to special occasions (where I couldn’t possibly go with my skin hanging off my face) and work, or travel. And then, I did the unthinkable, and decided to ask if anyone was interested in seeing it. There were three people who said no (feelings not hurt) but two of them were dudes. Why of course they don’t want to see beauty stuff, but also why the heck are they following me and swinging the vote? OK they didn’t swing the vote at all but still.
And so, if you missed any of it, here’s a recap of my day 1 to 2, PCA face peel –From then, it just got worse. And then worser. But the skin under is so soft. I just have the rest of this week.
I tried to put makeup over the new skin but it started to burn a little, it’s just too fresh and makeup is not exactly sanitary so we go au natural por la facia (I just blended made up French and Spanish) for the duration of the week. Stay tuned on IG stories if you want to see how it continues. This is not exactly fun times, I still went out to visit one of my best friends because I desperately needed time with her and that was worth going out in my crazy face that is my face for the remainder of the week.
In other news, thought I’d share some updates around here
- Our bathroom was supposed to be done so I could share it, but Lowe’s had our shower splash screen on backorder for end of February (expansion done early Feb) and when we called to find out when it was coming, they said it was delayed until April 20! We can’t wait that long, so today I have a local shower glass guy coming to take a peek. This also means he will see my face peeling off, great.
- My in-laws are in town from Illinois and staying with us for 16 days. They are our first guests breaking in the expansion room. I wasn’t feeling 100% ready but we rushed this past weekend to get it all together and for the most part, I’d say it’s pretty complete, 90% you know (because the shower splash screen).
- My brain has been fairly motivated but my body has been a little lagging in energy. I need vitamin D, and a hormone injection (this is a self diagnosis, not from Web MD research).
- Booked tickets to see Janet Jackson in Vegas with my girl gang in two months!
- I am addicted to Chips Ahoy cookies with 2% milk, but only late at night. Not relevant to any sort to update, just felt like sharing because I’m craving it now. Oh hey, will you look at that, it’s at my desk now.
Thoughts to leave you grateful
- You are exactly where God wants you to be. Whether it’s a chapter or a day you like or not, I hope that you can find peace knowing that God knew this day would happen. That whatever you are going through is happening for a reason to either refine you, change your path, or draw you closer to Him.
- Let us be thankful for those friends we have in our life – those who choose us back. Who love us as we are, who put in the effort to see us, spend time with us, and love us. It’s not about the longevity (but sometimes it is) but let us never ever take our friendships for granted – in fact, text a few of them right now and ask them how they are doing.
- You don’t have to be a boss to be living your best life. I also wanted to leave you with this gem I found on Instagram and it really made me applaud because this is something I genuinely believe in! So while the internet seems to cram it down your throat that you need to be running your own biz, I’ll be the first to tell you it’s hard work and entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone. It’s for me at the moment, but it is not only OK to have a 9-5, it’s more than OK and very important! Imagine if no one worked a 9-5, everything would get done on their own timeline and that would be a mess, lol. I cannot even imagine.
Right now my face is itching and flaking all over the place (ew, I know), so I have to go and use little tiny scissors to cut it off (no peeling or else it will cause hyperpigmentation).
Lots of love to you this Tuesday, babes. I still have so much to share with these spaces once I get my head back on after Atlanta and fluffing pillows in the expansion room turned guest room. We’ll get there. xx