This post is sponsored by Olay.
I’ve been wearing SPF since I turned 30 – Benjamin started in his twenties which is why his skin is amazing. So I felt triumphant when I got him hooked on Olay products since they are a part of my daily morning and night routine. We only have one skin and I take care of what I have as much as possible – wearing hats as I garden, to the beach, and daily sunscreen.
With over 300 day of sunshine in Phoenix it’s pretty important to protect our skin from harmful rays. I’ve been wearing Olay’s Regenerist SPF 25 on my face and neck every morning and since summer is coming up – this means lots of sun, outdoor time (such as the beach when I’m on vacation also known to friends as my “summer tour”). As part of my self-care ritual and knowing I’ll be outdoors more, I am increasing my SPF with the new Olay Sun Face Sunscreen + Shine Control with SPF 35. It’s a lightweight oil-free sunscreen with a barely there feel that won’t clog pores.
Did you know that we experience 18 hours of sun exposure a week from just daily living? This includes exposure year-round indoor and out!
I usually don’t like to wear anything called sunscreen – it usually means greasy, and since I battled acne as a teen anything oily or makes my skin feel like it can’t breathe. I have to wipe it off immediately.
Olay Sun Face Sunscreen + Shine Control with SPF 35 protection is lightweight, blends into skin and unexpected bonus – it leaves a smooth feeling with a matte finish. It absorbs into your skin quickly to stay shine-free all day and skin is primed ready for makeup.
In addition to practicing sun care for my face, have I mentioned I also drive with sun protective gloves to block the harmful rays? They keep my hands protected and my hands don’t overheat when I wear them. With the hot steering wheel in the summers, it is a nice perk to not burn my hands while driving. There are many ways to take care of yourself.
Here are a few things I do to practice sun care as self care –
- Wear blue light blocking glasses to protect eyes from all the screens we’re staring at.
- Monthly facials – I’ve been getting a light chemical peel for about seven years.
- Vacations – I like to go on trips at least once a quarter, usually it’s more during the summer just to keep sane from the Phoenix heat.
- Schedule an actual day off on the calendar – I simply put “OFF” on the calendar when I see I might be overworked and allow myself to organize the house, shop, veg, with no guilt!
- Wear SPF daily – they say if the sun is out, it’s time to wear SPF! (though you should when the sun is not out, too)
- Drive with sun protective gloves – because hands are always in the sun! I wish I wore them starting in college.
If there’s one easy thing you can start to do – it’s wear some sunscreen on your face – Olay Sun Face Sunscreen + Shine Control with SPF 35 is a great answer. Start making some plans outdoors, you will be protected!