Pajamas: Abercrombie / Mocassins: FitFlop
I decided to take last week off – an entire week! It’s something I could do any time, but I wanted to give myself permission to not work especially with Christmas coming up. It is incredibly difficult for me to not work as I often feel as though working can be more productive than cleaning or organizing the house. The return on investment being in front of my computer is something I can see in my bank account, but then I had to realize (with Benjamin’s help), I’ve done enough. I’ve worked hard enough, I’ve reached goals I didn’t know I had, and if I didn’t take some time off, I would feel like I didn’t enjoy the holidays.
This time of year always flies by, and I also have two more shoots this week before my girl’s annual Christmas Pajama Party and I really wanted time to shop, clean, and prepare for it since it’s earlier than usual this year.
Here’s the big news with the home expansion as I posted on stories (if reading in RSS or email, click over to the blog post) –
I blocked off last week and I accomplished the following –
- Bought new facet heads for my bathroom at The Home Depot
- Bought new gloves at Ace Hardware and a new string of lights. We are trying to keep up with our neighborhood who went all out and I just added one string of lights, to our strand that goes across the roofline. Needless to say, the $10 light string wasn’t enough to bring us up to our neighborhood level.
- Caught up on rest and slept in every single day. I should say I woke up early with the construction but stayed in bed past 10 am.
- Had Coconut Cleaners clean our rugs and carpet. We are ready for guests!
- Went to the Container Store and bought lots of containers, obvi.
- Organized and wiped down every kitchen drawer and lined the shelves. Donated 4 drinking bottles, because somehow I’ve collected too many this year alone – promos kill me.
- Watched the Second Act preview with a girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez movie
- Had lunch with my girlfriend’s mom and dad who I am close to.
- Saw my Little Sister (from BBBS) twice!
- Booked my next microblading for the brows.
- Decided this blog will be getting a redesign by January 2019 if not sooner.
- Bought a new spice rack (my first ever) and had a joyful time pouring spices into new jars and labeling. Officially a crazy neat freak and old lady. I only needed the 16 spice jar since I’m not much of a chef.
- In return for taking a week of and some business changes, I have turned down several jobs. I share this because I want to share the sacrifice of wanting to take yourself, and your business in a new direction – something I am quite familiar with. I have changed my business mentality, model, and the goals that I have set forth for myself and my business. I don’t feel bad about it either. There’s always more money that can be made but sometimes you have to say no in order to say yes to better things. I still answered emails throughout the day, I just didn’t sit in front of my computer all day like I usually do.
- Wrapped Christmas gifts (now need to drop a few off)
- Hosted some friends over for dinner.
- Worked in the garden – built and stained an obelisk, trimmed bushes and roses, and fertilized roses. Post coming soon.
- Fixed the curtain rod for the fourth time. I’d love to find a handyman who can come, screw something in the wall without it falling down a week later…
I would have had a massage in there but my girl was booked, so that’s next week. After my two photoshoots then I’m done!
I’ve been living in these house slippers since I got them. Not just any house slippers, ergonomic and blingy and cute. It’s funny I notice I kick off my FitFlops only to put on my inside pair. My feet are spoiled.
Meanwhile, I decided to not paint some patches in our living room because we may need some sanding done and if I paint over them they will disappear never to be textured or sanded correctly again. And after living with it for a few weeks I’ve become blind to it – terrible thing when you realize that right? Ha! But we’ll have this place painted in January anyway so I can hold off.
We will be stopping in Denver this holiday and I can probably bet it’ll snowing so I’m excited to wear snow boots! I had a pair of pink ones I bought from Amazon over 10 years ago and kept them forever and I finally was like, OK, it’s time to get real ones.
Feeling lighter already and it’s not even 2019 yet! I feel like I’ve gotten a great head start and already enjoying the holidays, so thankful! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead. xx
Photos by Heather Kinkel