No products in the cart.
My 3 day
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th! I won’t rub it in, but a three-day weekend hardly makes a change in my typical schedule other than I really get to enjoy some store sales. However, I didn’t work since my loved ones didn’t and spent time being with those I adore.
Things I learned this weekend:
- When I install things, sometimes there are extra parts. I am not sure if that’s a good thing, but I will consider them “bonus parts.”
- I understand why people love to garden. Oh yes, watch out. I already saw the perfect gardening hat at Anthro.
- It is possible to spend just as much money at Home Depot as Anthropologie.
- Target offers cheaper home improvement things and even colorful – such as blue, green and purple garden hoses. I know, right?
- Installing a single door lock should not take as long as it does for me.
- I can figure things out without reading instructions. Yes there will be extra parts, but who cares. It. Still. Works. And. You. Still. Can’t. Get. In.
- I swore up and down that my first love language was physical touch then words of affirmation. I took the actual quiz in the book this past weekend and I maxed out at 12 points with Quality Time. Affirmation and Physical Touch both came in second (but not a close second).
- While it was surprising to me, after reading the chapter about it, it makes perfect sense in all areas because I am the lady who lunches, and constantly visits friends. I prefer QT over gifts and it also explains that warm fuzzy feeling I get when I know my closest friends are reading my blog, they are investing in me (and how annoyed I get when people don’t listen).
- Giggling is a good thing. And, if you find yourself constantly giggling, that is a very very good thing.
- The right people to keep in your life are those who continually push you to stay close to your values, faith & beliefs. Keep those people super close to you and do away with those who make you stray.
- My girlfriends are hilarious and loyal. I am so blessed.
- Every one on my new block had American flags on flag poles on their homes which really makes me want to get a flag pole now so I can have a U of A flag when we play games and an American Flag too!
Diana Elizabeth wanted to paint every room in her new home. But she either can’t decide which colors, or can’t decide if she wants to put in all of that time. Well, we probably know the solution and what will become of the paint.
I like this post! Too funny about the paint…when B and I got our house, we thought it was a wonderful plan to paint the house ourselves. My parents were going to help. But 4 hours later with 4 people “painting”, not even the master bedroom was finished. PLUS we painted at night and in the daylight, we saw all of our mistakes and were going to have to re-do it. NOPE! That was it for us so we hired someone to finish that room and the whole house in a week. Much better than we could have done and in much shorter time!