No products in the cart.
Lifechanger: Clarisonic Mia
I thought I’d start a new series about the things that I think have really changed my life and share them with you. Let’s kick it off with the Clarisonic.
I was visiting my girlfriend who lives in Newport Beach and over dinner I noticed her skin was drastically different. It looked tighter and while she always had great skin, I knew she did something. She told me for the past few months she had been using the Clarisonic Mia (the first one, one speeder).
One rave review from a girlfriend I met in my pageant days, with valid proof of by the eye, I had to get one.
You should know a few things:
- There are many different versions by different companies. I’m sure all work just as well. However, be careful of the one that I’ve read that can blow up by your face or in your hand. This brand is often seen on Groupon. I wouldn’t chance it.
- Don’t buy a Clarisonic from eBay, no matter how good a deal. I bought a Mia 2 from eBay and tried to register it online only to find it was a fake. After lots of back and forth messaging, the seller finally agreed to take it back. If you do Amazon, make sure the seller is Clarisonic itself.
- Mia 1 or Mia 2? I don’t think you really need more than one speed, or the additional beeping telling you it’s been 20 seconds on your forehead and to move to your chin, then your cheek, then your other cheek. However… I did buy the Mia 2 after my Mia 1 stopped working. More on that later.
- Don’t throw away your broken Mia. I made that mistake only for girlfriends to yell at me for doing so because if you call the customer service number apparently they’ll send you a new one. Dang it.
- Replaceable brushes cost $40 for a set of 2. You are supposed to replace them every 3 months. But like my razor blades, I rarely change them until I think it stops working. Lazy me.
The only reason I went with the Mia 2 was for colors. I bought the Sunset Mia 2, reg. $150 but on sale for $125 and also comes with a carrying travel case and the zone beeps. Only 3 colors are on sale right now at Macy’s for $25 off. Otherwise, I really wanted the lighter pink but I wasn’t going to pay an extra $50 for color alone.
Check out the whole Clarisonic line here.
Diana Elizabeth thinks her face feels clogged when she doesn’t use it for a week. She leaves it in the shower and uses it whenever she showers. She still uses face wipes at night because she’s lazy. Just being honest.