No products in the cart.
Highs and Lows of 2020
I found a pack of 2021 gold blow up balloons from the 99 Cents store and I decided to blow them up and string them up. I mean if I don’t use it now, that’s a waste of a dollar.
And so it’s that time again, I celebrate my birthday, throw some Christmas parties, and we ring in a new year. But I thought I’d share some of my heart on what 2020 has meant to me, and some things I have learned and happened this past year.
- Three weeks in Taiwan with my parents was great – our expectations changed as that was early stages of COVID but we made the best of it and I’m so glad I went anyway!
- Just as I thought, my best and closest friends are still as close as ever even through a lockdown! We text, had a few FB messenger video meetings for hours (we somehow crashed Zoom) and we got together anytime we could.
- I’m still sad that I never got to throw my annual Easter party with my girl gang and their families but I can’t wait for one in the new year!
- Marco Polo is the best to keep in touch with friends via video messages.
- I no longer feel any FOMO, that died real quick during lockdown and also made me reevaluate why is it a big deal to be at things or not be at things?
- I have also decided I am no longer an introvert/extrovert. I will now be like 80% extrovert because I am so over being at home.
- I did get a TON of stuff done at home and being in lockdown for two weeks made me realize how much I love our home and the importance of making it functional and comfortable (I mean I always knew but I felt a sense of gratitude).
- I missed seeing my parents so badly but then had to realize how thankful I am that FaceTime exists.
- My parents were going to come out for Christmas but a week later decided not to which is why in return, I decided to host four Christmas parties with my friends who also weren’t going anywhere to celebrate. I still wish my parents came out.
- I got a lot done at home during lockdown and that part of me really enjoyed it.
- My girlfriend Amber said that our home has really transformed this past year. The front landscaping and garage was completed, the kitchen garden, and I got some new furniture and light fixtures (I still need to show you).
- I added silver and crystal to my home decor and entertaining collection thanks to influence by my friend Farrah.
- Thrifting and antiquing became a big part of what I share now and it’s great to see you enjoy it too!
- Benjamin got COVID as soon as hospitals opened up again early summer and I guessed he’d probably catch it just given the work environment he was in (he didn’t believe me until suddenly he lost sense of smell and felt a cold). I just didn’t share it because I felt that some drew so much attention about possibly having it or not and I just wanted to avoid that attention.
- I realized I like the creative photo editing since Twilight – all the trending looks have been so much fun for me to create (The Queen’s Gambit here), and it’s my own thing that I have no agenda for, just for my own personal fun! It makes me happy and that’s what I think is important.
There is so much more but I better get back to organizing the house! I wish you the best for the new year, thanks for being here! Love you!
Diana Elizabeth will be in one of her velour tracksuits tonight. She started watching Love Life on HBO Max and loved it, she might watch it again. She highly recommends it!