Are you looking forward to ringing in the new year?
I remember almost a decade ago when my boss (who remains a close friend of mine to this day) asked what my NYE plans were. My response was – of course plans to go out with my girlfriends and party! I asked about her plans and she said she’d probably be in bed by 10 pm. I remember being horrified at the thought – I didn’t get it, but today, I do.
I’m flying back into Phoenix today (I stayed a little longer after Christmas and longer than Benjamin for extra time with my friends and parents). Tomorrow we’ll be purging, cleaning and load the car with donations to the hospice thrift store.
Cheers to a new year!
What I learned in 2015:
- To be aware when any bitterness is starting to take over in my heart – from being misunderstood, or offend, to just stop and let it go. Which also leads to forgiveness, to not focus on that one thing, but recall the good things, or just let it be and say to that person, God Bless you, I wish you well, and truly mean it.
- Some of us have a sister and if you’re lucky, you actually get along with her. For the rest of us, what a true blessing it is to have friends, true, deep, longtime friends who are like sisters you get to pick – you can have a big family or a small one, but what we need to acknowledge is how special it is to have these friends who are like family.
- Not all relationships last forever, including friendships. Sometimes it doesn’t work out that way, and it’s not because you failed. Take those great memories and stay in them (if you can) and move on. It’s been a hard one for me because I am a forever friend kinda gal but I have realized I have to let go!
- To stop trying to be in control or wanting to be in control of situations, people’s job, micromanaging, oh my – it is so evident that I’m a solo-business owner who does it all. I’m learning to just focus on my job, and let other people do theirs – God help me!
- Enjoy what life has to offer here, the small and big things, but don’t make it your entire life. Life is short, so have an eternity focused life.
Looking forward to in 2016:
- Hoping to have more time to stop by thrift stores to hunt for home treasures, I miss it so much!
- Gardening again
- Thailand trip in spring
- Dana Point blogging conference
- Focusing a little more on home posts
- Refreshing life – home goods, life, business, just tightening up on odds and ends, simplifying
- Hoping for more energy and adventures!
Happy 2016 friends!