2012 was a good year, thanks mainly to my new status as a Mrs. I owe a ton to Mr. Wonderful for making it so special. This year, this second year of being full-time has been wonderful and fun with a few learning experiences (that’s what I call bad experiences) and I’m happy where I’m at. After making this list – I recommend you do your own too, you’ll realize how much you’ve grown and accomplished over 12 months!
Cheers to another successful year of growing, living life, and spending time with those you love and doing the things you love to do!
Big things in 2012:
- Successfully taught 5 online photography workshops with Creative Groove.
- Published twice on Style Me Pretty, here and here.
- Went on our delayed honeymoon to Kona.
- Went on a Caribbean Cruise with the Mr.
- Moved permanently back to Phoenix after 4 months in ABQ. Thank God for the Mr.’s new job back to Phoenix.
- Starred in an infomercial.
- Published in The Handcrafted Wedding book.
- Invited to write for the popular SLRLounge.com and I have my weekly column on Thursdays.
- Got a new promo video done by SLP that features Mr. Wonderful.
- Shot a few editorial assignments from PHOENIX magazine – Feb, March and August issues.
- A few sessions published on Grey Likes Baby, The Hostess with the Mostest, and Ruffled Blog.
- Decided to no longer shoot babies or newborns.
- I got LASIK. Best. Thing. Ever.
- Featured and guest writer in Lemonade and Lenses May Wedding issue.
Things I learned in 2012:
- How to correctly prune a tree.
- People who are mean, well, sometimes their issue has nothing to do with you but more of what is going on personally with them – insecurity, financial or mentally. Apples don’t fall far from the tree.
- Forgiving is really harder than it sounds.
- If you run your business ethically, you learn to say no, and you concentrate on what you are doing, you’ll see your business flourish. Don’t worry about bumps in the road.
- My love language has been confirmed – it’s quality time.
- The simpler or unique the gift, the better. Gifts are not my love language, but I do appreciate charm.
- What Susie says of Sally says more of Susie than of Sally. Remember that.
What I’m looking forward to in 2013:
- Master my slow cooker and have a few awesome meals under my belt.
- Really know how to crochet.
- Really know how to knit.
- Become a gardener, make sure my thumb stays green.
- The Arizona Biltmore’s Designer Showcase Jan 20.
- Majorly limiting the numbers of traditional weddings to 4 (the small/short weddings I will take a few extra).
- Refreshing and renewing my creativity and outlook (which is by limiting my weddings).
- Working on layering my garden.
- Baking the cutest cakes.
- Celebrating new life and marriages with my friends.
- Small family vacation to Seattle over the summer.
Diana Elizabeth says, here goes another year, a year of refinement, simplicity, and a year of attempt to find quality instead of quantity in all things.