No products in the cart.
Giveaway: Holistically Fit’s E-book
I first met Lauren McBride when I photographed her for an issue of PHOENIX magazine.
I loved this girl and we became fast friends. It was a year ago over lunch when she told me she was in the works of launching a site about fitness, health and a place to encourage others. I’m beyond proud and excited to see her dream become a reality and also happy to introduce Holistically Fit to you! On her blog she talks about fitness, and juicing among many other things, which is another thing I need help with.
One of my goals this year is to understand the benefits of natural and how to mix things together that actually taste good. It can be an overwhelming process and I’m trying to pace myself and that’s where Lauren’s site and her new summer e-book is a great resource.
I mean honestly, I’d take advice from a successful fitness model signed with FORD models who is a personal trainer and holistic nutrition specialist – wouldn’t you?
Her 56-page Slimmer Summer E-book includes a work out plan, grocery list, recipes for smoothies, juicing, and at home beauty treatments (I’m loving the simpleness of the sea mask and sea spray hair mist)! Oh, and so much more! Read more about it here.
And Lauren’s feeling generous because she’s offering to do a…
One of you will get her awesome E-book!
- Simply leave a comment on this post
- Like Lauren’s Facebook page
- A winner will be selected at random by this Friday – check Lauren’s blog for the announcement.
The graphics are gorgeous – thanks to Lauren’s talented sister. I also love the images. I’m a girl who needs photos with everything.
So you can get to know the lovely author and her book, here is a little Q&A with Lauren McBride!
How do you come up with the recipes? They are so creative!
I am so glad you are enjoying the recipes! I love eating healthy for my body, but I don’t like giving up flavor and variety. I usually take my favorite “not-so-good for you” recipes like pina coladas, mexican food and ice cream and make them in a way that is delicious and nutritious. You’d be surprised how mouth watering “healthy food” can be with a little creativity! I like to pack my recipes with super foods too so you never feel guilty even if it may taste like you are eating something bad. :)
For someone who is just trying to start this healthy path (like myself) but might be intimated, what would you say to them?
The most important thing to know is that you don’t have to dive in head first right away. Test the waters, dip your toe in then go to the next step and before you know it you’ll be swimming are wondering how you ever lived any other way. Try adding a few new things into your diet and routine; replacing sugar for Stevia or refined carbs with whole grain, do a 20 minute workout in your living room or try a fun class like Zumba. Experiment and make it interesting! Life is all about balance. Food should be enjoyed and and exercise should be fun. Once you let go of the fear and realize it’s an adventure that will enrich your life, it becomes much less intimidating.
5 must have things in your fridge/pantry and why?
- Almond milk. Dairy milk is an allergy for most people and eliminating it from your diet can help you lose weight quickly and help your body absorb more nutrients from the food you eat.
- Stevia. Sugar is a toxin to your body and is bad for your metabolism. Stevia is a wonderful natural sweetener that will keep things tasty without the added calories and havoc that refined sugar does to your system.
- Quinoa. This grain is a super food and is one of the only plant sources for a whole protein. I use this for a hot breakfast, over my salad at lunch and even as a side for dinner. It is so versatile and so healthy for you!
- Spinach or kale. I use these greens every day because they are loaded with nutrients. I use them frozen in my smoothies, in my salads at lunch and steam or saute them at night.
- Dark chocolate! We all need a little yumminess in our lives and this is a great way to get your sweet tooth fix without going over board. Dark chocolate has lots of antioxidants too which makes you feel better about a little indulgence. :)
Diana Elizabeth opened this up in iBooks and will also do a printable copy so she can keep it in the kitchen.