This post is sponsored by Olay, but all opinions and text are mine.
I don’t know if I recall doing anything for 28 straight days, do you? It is hard for me to get in any sort of habit but when I am held accountable, I will follow through! I am also a product hoarder so I have a half dozen skin creams all which I couldn’t tell you if they work or don’t since I put on a little bit of this and a little bit of that. It’s not even the commitment part that’s hard, I’m a great at making and keeping commitments, but if I don’t see any results immediately I tend to give up and go to the next thing.
Olay challenged me to 28 days of using just Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream (winner of the 2016 Allure Best of Beauty) and Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream (Good Housekeeping tested saying it hydrates skin better than top 10 of the top creams, even the $440 cream!) I just had to replace my current moisturizer and eye cream – which is already like 5 different products selected at random.
“How do you really feel about it?” my friends asked. Well let’s start with a few things that happened.
- Halfway through the challenge Benjamin turned and stared at me, “Woah your skin is looking really good.” Um, husband notices?
- I was running late to meet a girlfriend for breakfast and I got dressed and was about to run out the door. I forgot I didn’t put makeup on because my skin has been looking so great that I thought I had it on.
- I’ve been raving so much about Olay, my friends have started ordering the exact skincare I’ve been using for 28 days.
- I went all day sans makeup to a photograph a friend’s house not because I’m lazy but because my skin really looks good and I felt I was presentable without makeup – keep in mind my eyelashes and eyebrows are already on. I only wore Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream and Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream.
- My skin has never felt more hydrated in my entire life. It just feels comfortable, not sticky or over moisturized just completely balanced – a hard thing to find in this dry desert climate.
- I purchased more Olay. I probably could have got it for free since I’m working with Olay but I bought the same products – so this means yes, I really will continue using Olay beyond the 28 days.
- I feel more confident sans makeup, my pores look smaller and my skin feels and looks plump.
- I verbally said I wanted to use this cream as a moisturizer all over my body because of the hydration.
Before + halfway through the challenge (no makeup, no photoshop)
I’ve ever been scared to go out without makeup or blog and show you what I look like without makeup and nor do I want any of you to ever feel self conscious about going sans makeup. So here goes – the one on the left is a before and the right is halfway through the 28 day challenge.
As a photographer I know lighting makes a difference but that day was like beaming lighting it didn’t make sense to shoot that spot again (first day was a cloudy one). So, I figured I’d show a 28 day post sans-makeup just to get that point across.
After 28 days (no makeup, or photoshop)
I have always had a few freckles growing up, being a California girl – beach, sunshine, and days on the lake was the lifestyle. Then college in Arizona meant sun tanning whether I wanted to or not, 300 days of sunshine in the year.
The freckles might actually have multiplied into sun spots. It’s fine, I’m not crying over it. I’d rather have a life well lived being outside than shielding myself from aging and having no memories. It might be hard to see the close up difference in photos but I feel it and it’s visible enough to me to continue beyond the 28 days with Olay. Feel free to ask me what I’m using in another 28 days!
Join me, and be one of the first 15 to use code 28DAYS6346 for $40 off your order at Olay.com, just have a minimum of $40 in your cart. I hope you will take on the 28 days of Olay challenge yourself and see what Olay can do for your skin. For more information about your personal skincare, go to: http://spr.ly/336487Advisor
Find out the age of your skin compared to women around the world and suggested products from Olay by using their Skin Advisor site – you take a makeupless selfie and upload it and it gives you results. I’ve made three friends try it already – https://skinadvisor.olay.com. Here’s to simplifying your beauty routine with products that are clinically proven to give results immediately.