This post is sponsored by Shamrock Farms.
Give this a try before you need to make for Thanksgiving, because biscuits are perfect for breakfast and it will give you time to perfect your technique. See below for coupon links – and make sure you look for the green tops in the dairy section for Shamrock Farms products – you can really taste the difference!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons cold butter, cut in tablespoons for easier mashing into flour
- 3/4 cup cold Shamrock Farms buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Will make approximately 10 biscuits.
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper or silicone lined baking sheet
- Pastry Scraper
- Dough Blender
- Biscuit Cutter (around 2 1/4)
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- Mash the butter with a pastry blender into the mixture until you have pea sized pieces (it is the butter).
- Add the buttermilk and form dough into a ball
- Roll the dough into a 6×9-inch rectangle onto a lightly floured surface. (Make sure there is not too much flour on the surface)
- Cut the rectangle into thirds.
- Stack each third on top of one another and roll the dough into a 6×9-inch rectangle.
- Using a 2¼ biscuit cutter or size you prefer, dip cutter edges in flour and cut approximate 8-9 biscuits. Place cut biscuits on parchment paper or a silicone lined baking sheet. Use dough scraps and layer again to cut more biscuits (about 2-3). Careful handling as to not overwork the dough.
- Stretch edges of the biscuit (if stuck together from the cutter) before baking to encourage biscuits will rise.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
To make ahead of time – biscuits can be stored for 3 days.
Shamrock Farms features local dairy and farm-fresh flavor and richness and have a 100-year heritage. Products never have added artificial growth hormones and their delicious products a hands-on approach that has been refined over three generations. Shamrock Farms really has a different level of amazing deliciousness that you will taste!
Visit ShamrockFarms.net/coupons to save $1 on any two Shamrock products. You can also find other great recipe ideas and more information on where to buy Shamrock Farms product. For more news and updates about Shamrock Farms, visit www.shamrockfarms.net and follow www.facebook.com/shamrockfarms and @shamrockfarmsmilk.
Diana Elizabeth was wondering if you noticed she got new kitchen lights!