I didn’t post on Insta for about five days, not that anyone noticed (or I really wanted anyone to). It’s interesting, sometimes when I’m bored I don’t post, or if I’m busy, I don’t post. It’s just mood. Sometimes I’m so in the moment I don’t want to be by my phone. I guess it just means, sometimes I don’t feel like being social on media, ha! You know that saying if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it all. I think if you don’t have anything good to say, then don’t say any of that stuff either. *wink* Been doing lots of organization life stuff at home as I hibernate with the windows drawn, and this week I’m in San Diego visiting Michelle so I’m probably more social now as vacations sometimes do that for you – resets you, gives you some energy – or maybe that’s the weather of it not being 115 out! Haha! I have some home news!
- House expansion plans are getting drawn right now! See my furniture ideas on my Pinterest board.
- My office closet is happening with California Closets! After working with them on the blog regarding their free consult, I couldn’t stop dreaming about my closet! And you can see what it will look like here.
- I’m dealing with heartburn a lot, can anyone help me with this? Suggestions please!
- Pneumonia is gone, but my hives/rash is still happening where I scratch myself and my skin raises like I’ve been whipped.
- I started watching Arrested Development on Netflix. I used to work at E! when it was on air and I didn’t like it at all. I thought it was weird but I was also 21 at the time so shows like The OC were more my demographic. Now that I’m more of an adult maybe that’s why I have a different sense of humor … ?? maybe ??
- I went to Pottery Barn’s Outlet with Meagan and it was my first time. I didn’t buy anything but it was worth checking out. I’ll be back when our expansion is done but I don’t think I’ll go crazy. I want to also check out the RH outlet just to see it.
Switching gears, I was thinking about those who have success as entrepreneurs. You know that saying, nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Kind of depressing but also so much truth to it, right? I was talking about this with Benjamin and how hustle and perseverance is really what makes people successful and those with guts who just go for it are the ones with greater rewards. Talent is great, what a gift, perhaps it’s something you can make living from, but without dedication and discipline and the constant hustle mentality, success rarely follows. It’s like you have to have a business mindset.
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. – Calvin Coolidge
I don’t think I’m the most talented person out there. I do believe I work hard, and I put my all in for whatever I want to do which is why I seem successful by doing what I love – and I say this because you can too. Just do it, set a schedule, things don’t just happen for anyone, there are people who make it happen. So while I’m a bit unmotivated this summer, probably feeling a little zap from the heat, I’m still working. I will leave the house for money and friends, haha! You can rest a little, but if you keep working hard, your big break can be right around the corner. And on that note, I should tell you that I’ve landed an incredible one year contract with one of my favorite brands I wholeheartedly stand behind, Olay. My heart is soaring and I’m praising God for this blessing.
I also want to whole heartedly thank you for your support of spending time here with me, many of you allowing me to share my life with you long before I was even a “blogger” and just had this space sharing my photography work and random thoughts.
I am thankful for the ability to be a working blogger, and I enjoy times like these of slowing down so I can reconnect with you – and myself, and so big thanks for spending some time here with me, I am beyond appreciative xx