They say you can tell most about a person not by what they keep, but what they throw out.
But what about the stuff they have too much of?
After moving and trying to find space for all of my things, I realized that I am no longer allowed to buy:
- Tupperware and plastic containers. Because apparently I went OCD and wanted everything organized in tubs. The more tubs you own, the more stuff you find to fill in them – kind of like the bigger purse you get, the more stuff you lugg with you.
- “Creative jars” and storage solutions. The rustic tin can, the silver sugar jar, the old library drawer that I convinced myself that may have belonged to an old Amish woman. No more!
- Knick Knacks. How many little birds, pots of flowers, etc., etc. do I need? If it doesn’t serve a purpose, do not buy it.
- Scripture signs and Crosses. My house looks like a church. Clearly I love the Lord, but it’s starting to look like I’m trying to keep Vampires away. All I need is some garlic. Although, in the Twilight world we know that those hottie vampires don’t care about that stuff. The Cullens can come over anytime as far as I’m concerned. Off topic, anyway…
- Anything ugly. I know, why would I have ugly things in my home to begin with? Well, maybe it’s turned ugly or I suddenly dislike it. Either way, it’s gonzo.
- Binder clips. Blue, pink, silver, black, all different sizes. If I actually tossed paper I wouldn’t have the need for a massive industrial “paper clip” to use. I literally have handfuls of them!
- Thumb tacks. If I find one more, I’m gonna stick it right between my eyes.
- Picture frames. I know I’m a photographer, and a girl, but how many shelves must I buy if I keep buying frames?
I think making a list of the things you will no longer buy will help you put down whatever is in your hand – try it! It totally works. Now the tough part will be to stop throwing things out in order to replace it with something better. *smirk*
Diana Elizabeth thinks she might want a hedge trimmer, or her own lawn mower even though she has a gardener. You know, for those between stages and she might even spray paint it pink because, well, why not? However if she does do this, this might mean Mr. Wonderful won’t use it. Decisions, decisions.