Have you seen this Meme?
I think we’re all cute in our own way but some of us are slower than others getting ready – so many mirror distractions, tweezing, bathroom surgery, it’s a mystery. When I was a teen I bought Cindy Crawford’s Basic Face book and she wrote about mastering your basic face which is good enough and to not miss out on life just because you don’t have your makeup on perfectly. I’ve always kept that in mind when I do my makeup – just do what you need to and go! If you’re a Cindy fan like me, her new book is out tomorrow, I’ve already preordered.
This is my basic face – which takes a little more than five minutes – foundation, eyebrows, quick cream contouring, blush, and lip liner + gloss. I’m really fast, like a ninja. I also have eyelash extensions so my daily basic look is easy, and this look is when I’m short on time or heading to small group.
A tip I learned for lining your lips to make it look really natural – hold lip pencil at an angle so you don’t have hard lines:
I picked up a few new L’Oreal products while at Safeway to pick up milk – because I can’t live without my iced vanilla lattes and running out of milk also means I’ll possibly starve – no coffee and no cereal.
I thought I’d share my get ready quick tips for day – when I’m just meeting friends, or headed to an audition to a dinner date look.
In addition to these two products, I use cream eyeshadow sticks which you can find similar here. So for all these looks I’ll be using an eyeliner, mascara and two colors of a cream shadow stick. The Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner is so amazing – it glides on silky called liquid glide so the application is easy – for those who love pencil but also want a a liquid eyeliner look but you’re too nervous about your lines. You can do both looks with this, it’s my favorite eyeliner! Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black is clump-free.
Natural Day Look
This is my every day look – takes about 2 more minutes to build from my basic look. Using only eye shadow crayons.
1. Apply shadow crayon and rub in to make it into a cream shadow (similar: Infallible Eye Shadow Crayon in Everlasting Gold).
2. Use darker shadow crayon as a liner (similar: Infallible Eye Shadow Crayon in Impressive Brown).
All done. It has a hint more color on the lids and the top of my eyes look cleaner.
Made up Day Look
When I have an audition and my agent tells me to arrive a bit more natural – they usually take pictures and there are harsh lights so I need my makeup to be a little more done. This is also good for lunches or if you just want more color. Use: two eye shadow crayons and mascara.
Continue building from previous Natural Day Look steps 1-2:
1. Use darker shadow crayon as bottom liner (similar: Infallible Eye Shadow Crayon in Brown).
2. Add mascara – don’t forget your bottom lashes! I love the Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara because there are no clumps and it sweeps on clean.
Dinner with the girlfriends or the Mr. I love being able to intensify the look of eyes at night, there’s something mysterious and fun! I use four products for this look – two eye shadow creams, mascara and liquid pencil eyeliner (oh yes!)
1. Use lighter eye shadow crayon all over lid, blend darker eye shadow crayon higher on lid (similar: Infallible Eye Shadow Crayons in Everlasting Gold and Impressive Brown).
2. Line eyes with Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner in Black and smudge. This has a smudge tip on the other side which I love! I do line the inside bottom of my waterline.
3. If you don’t have mascara on, add Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black and you’re all done.
Storing seasonal makeup
This is also a time when I am so excited to swap out my makeup – finally. I think my summer tan is fading so I can bring out my fall base and darker lipstick colors.
I store my makeup in a ziplock bag or one like this, and keep them in the bottom drawer of my bathroom counter. It helps me from having too much stuff around – I put nail polish colors, lipsticks, foundation and bronzers that are for specific seasons in it, label it and say goodbye for a few months. Of course you should also consider replacing as makeup can be dangerous if you keep it for too long, so make sure you do some research on when to replace certain beauty products.
How long does it take for you to get ready for a basic day or evening? Do you enjoy getting ready? Check out more L’Oreal products to help achieve different makeup looks.